Monday, February 13, 2006

Wonderful Averageness

Today has been one of balance. My mood has been normal, neither too high nor too low. It's felt like a breath of fresh air.

My new found sense of normalcy enabled me to be quite productive throughout the day. I was able to concentrate on studying for several hours. I was able to get up and cook for both humans and dogs, not to mention clean up afterwards. I also spent some time sifting through months worth of unopened mail, throwing out what was no longer needed, setting aside that which needed to be filed away and most importantly, catching up on paying the outstanding bills.

Although I guess the above sounds so simple and should be easily achievable within a short time frame, quite often that is just not the case for me. It feels good to have achieved so much today even if it was just household chores and the like.

Photo courtesy of stock.xchng.

3 comments:

  1. Hey I could have used you today!! I need someone to do all that stuff for me too - wash my car, do some housework, cook... but most all, open all my mail and PAY ALL THOSE DAMN BILLS lol.

    Please??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm SO VERY happy for you!! Having a normal, balanced day is like walking on air. You're right though that they often come few and far between. That is while we have to salt them away in our vault of good memories to keep us going through the tons of bad ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey ... two words ... bed rest! Oh oh, and how can I forget the whole no sex thing. LOL! Okay, you are allowed to slap me.

    James, you are so right. It was like walking on air. Good idea re the whole locking them away in the good memories vault. I will have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete