Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Colourful Spider

I decided to cross post this entry from my Photographic Journeys blog because I sort of surprised myself by writing what I did about the spider image. Taking an interest in my surroundings? Who would have thought!

I need to sit down and write about what happened during my pdoc appointment today. It's getting quite late though and I'm still mulling things over, so I will endeavour to make sense of everything tomorrow.

colourful spider in web
I find it amazing how this new found photography obsession of mine is slowly teaching me to take a closer look at my surroundings. Before, I wouldn't have seen this little spider in amongst the bushes and by chance I did, I would have given it a very wide berth. Today I noticed it and immediately took my camera out of the carry case. I held the camera lens literally centimetres from the scary arachnid, marvelling at its beauty. Mind you, I did compromise a little. By looking at my camera's LCD screen rather than peering through the viewfinder, I was still able to keep a little bit of a distance. Arachnophobia still lives. :)

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful picture! I've linked your blog with mine but I haven't had time to take a closer look at yours yet. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one amazing photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG thats so incredibly interesting, on so many levels. so breathtaking, but also; i want to run screaming like a little girl. as you said arachnophobia still lives.its pretty hard to capture a web in a photo, good job:)
    i cant wait till it's summer here, so i can start taking some pictures of nice outdoor things.

    cant wait to hear about your appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting, ophelia. I've reciprocated the link and look forward to reading your blog.

    Thanks polar!! :)

    LOL Dawn. I kept checking between every photo that the spider hadn't moved. :)

    ReplyDelete