Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Day That Was

dissociationWhere to begin? This was yesterday:
  • Tunnel vision
  • A voice from afar saying ... something
  • My focused finger
  • Nothing else
  • Where have I gone?
  • Darkness within
  • Emptiness
  • Wanting to fight to break out of it
  • Wanting to lose myself within it, to allow myself to be totally consumed
  • Losing myself is winning
  • Confliction
  • Hearing my voice, yet its not me talking
  • A ringing phone
  • I'm back (mostly)
It's not the first time it has happened of course, but there it is ... dissociation a la me.

Yesterday wasn't promising from the start. I wasn't really with it from the time I awoke. The drive didn't help. I perhaps shouldn't have listened to the CD that I chose to play (Linkin Park's Meteora). By the time I drove into the semi big smoke, my surroundings were becoming surreal. Focusing was difficult. And then my appointment began and I was gone.

My pdoc wondered if it was because of something he said, i.e. something about my life being ... umm ... not conducive to happiness. I'm not sure exactly how he termed it. Maybe? I remember feeling like I wanted to cry at the beginning of the appointment, but that feeling was just a stirring deep inside of me. Crying is all but impossible for me these days. The last time I cried was towards the end of last year. It was related to me working at the school and was out of complete frustration and anger. It came out of the blue because it had been ages since I had shed a tear.

So that was a snapshot of yesterday. As for today, I slept through most of it, only waking up after 3:00pm. I'm still not entirely with it. I'm experiencing what I think I will term a dissociation hangover.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm. F the pdoc lol.

    What I find interesting is the why... why today/that day?? What was different about that day??

    Did you do something/eat something/think something/take something different that morning... or the night before...?

    What about hormones and all that crap? Is there a high or low point in your cycle that contributes to it?

    Like... what is the set of triggering circumstances? Cos I'm sure theres way more than one lol.

    Obviously it will build till you reach the point of dissociating... but what/where/when/how/why does it actually START? Know what I mean??

    Oh and btw, yeah, I'm thinking depressive music wouldnt help when you're already starting to spiral down lol.

    I just can't escape the fact that there must be SOME REASON why it happens some days and not others. There must be!!!!

    Unless its demons lol. "I've got a theory that its a demon, a dancing demon, nah something isn't right there." Unless, of course, it's bunnies. There's lots of wabbits out west isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Just thought I'd point out that school makes EVERYONE cry, from little preschoolers to the Principal. And you know why? Cos schools are full of teachers.
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gotta love the "other voices" part of Dissociative Disorders. Always freaks me out a bit. Do you lost time with your Dissociation?

    Joey asked some interesting questions - have you ever tried tracking your moods and symptoms along with diet, cycle, etc?

    Sean Bennick
    www.psychTracker.com

    ReplyDelete