Saturday, February 11, 2006

More Jumbled Thoughts

I can't concentrate on anything today. Earlier on, I logged into my online TAFE course to do a final check of the html coding in my first piece of assessment before I submitted it. Instead of just checking the code however, I made all these silly little changes which made the page display differently across IE, Netscape and Firefox. IE was the problem of course. I ended up not saving my changes and logging off because I was confusing myself.

After a short while I decided to go and have a lie down and watch some TV. Thankfully I drifted off to sleep. That didn't last long however. My husky, who wanted desperately to go outside, woke me up with her whinging. Since then I have eaten (I think I tend to eat to try to ground myself when I am feeling this way) but I still can't get it together. I'm lost to myself today. Everything is surreal, yet as dark as pitch. I want to curl up into a ball and disappear forever.

Fuck it! Is it wrong to want to be in hospital when I am feeling like this? Who the hell wants to be in hospital for goodness sake? I don't even have the right to be in hospital because I am not actively suicidal or anything. I'm just tired of existing ... plain and simple. In hospital, you are allowed to curl up into a ball. You don't have to think of others. Food is delivered to your room on a regular basis. The only annoying thing is that too many people come into your room for a variety of reasons when all you want is to be left alone to drift into the nothingness.

How I want to take some of those little yellow pills at the moment. I want unconsciousness. I want to sleep for the longest time possible. How about never waking up? Sounds great! Unfortunately I can't. Hubby needs a fresh ironed uniform shirt for his night shift tonight. He needs his crib. I therefore have to get up and prepare these things.

Please, can I escape into that nothingness forever?

2 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with the need to be in the hospital or the desire for that safety. Sometimes it isn't about the suicidal urges, just about that feeling of being completely safe and able to express the weaknesses we sometimes feel.

    sean
    www.psychtracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Often times I wish I could be in the hospital, where it is safe and expectations are reasonable. There, the only pressure is the pressure to exist and I would take that any day.

    ReplyDelete