Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Wow, What a Ride!

Wednesday's mean that I drive a four hour round trip to the semi big smoke to see my pdoc. On the odd occasion, I throw the camera in the back of the car just in case I see something nice that I want to photograph along the way. Well, today was one of those days that I didn't have the camera and guess what I saw? A mother emu and her chick wandering around just off the side of the highway. I hardly ever see emus on my drives around Central Queensland.

Spewing, spewing, spewing, spewing!

Apart from the emu sighting, today's drive was quite eventful. On the drive in I must have passed just about every cattle road train that works out of Central Queensland. Yuck! It's not too bad if you get a clean run around them, but if you are stuck behind them for a little while, the car's windscreen gets absolutely covered in cattle pee and dirt. I could barely see out the windscreen at one point, and I won't even mention how bad the stench that seeps its way through the car's airconditioning is.

The drive home was equally eventful. Central Queensland must be one of the driest places in the state, apart from the "outback". This afternoon however, the sky opened up with the pelting rain of a storm. Visibility was so bad at one point that I had to get off the road. It was a total white out. Unfortunately the rain didn't make it as west as my little town, but it was good to see the more coastal areas receiving a good drop.

3 comments:

  1. Cattle pee and dirt?? EWWWWWW!!!!

    That's AWEFUL!! Sorry you had to go through that trauma.

    (shivers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!!!! It's not that bad James, honest!

    Cattle pee and dirt is pretty EEEK worthy though I guess. Thankfully it's rained a bit over the past couple of days so most of it has washed off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you're a word thief!! lol
    Eek-worthy!! hahahaha

    As for your blog...

    Central Queensland EEK
    The memories EEK

    There's no way anyway could understand how barren and dry and dead it is out there without actually seeing it for themselves!!

    *shudders*

    p.s. i'm thinking of coming out for a visit sometime soon. is that ok? *smiles* CQ isnt THAT bad... hahaha

    ReplyDelete