Monday, October 24, 2005

Finally!

Check out the weather map which I just copied from The Weather Channel website! It's teeming down! It's nice to see the area getting a good drop of rain. My backyard has already gone from dirt, dust and dead things to needing a mow badly thanks to the little bit of rain that we've had over the past week or so. The storm which came through the area early this evening has really cooled the temperature down too. I even turned the lounge room airconditioner off. Woohoo!

For me, the rain that has fallen this afternoon has been a nice way to end what was essentially a pretty good day. When I first arrived at work today, I was feeling pretty exhausted and cranky still. I can't believe that going away on a school camp can be so tiring. I don't feel so guilty about being so tired following the camp now though. Every staff member and student who I talked to today who went on the camp was feeling pretty much the same I was.

The first few lessons this morning were a bit of a grind. The students were playing up something fierce for the poor teacher. I don't really growl at the kids for playing up too much because it is not really a teacher aide's place to do so, but after I warned a few of the naughtier kids of my bad mood I ended up having to tell them off due to their behaviour. It was the only time the kids did not want me to attend their next class with them. Towards the last couple of lessons of the day, my mood had lifted however.

I guess the bottom line to this post is that I have been feeling quite okay today. Apart from feeling rather tired still and being in a cranky mood this morning, I have been fine. No dark thoughts have crossed my mind. I haven't felt the desire to self harm. It's nice to have a good day now and then.

4 comments:

  1. yaaaay for good days:) sorry you're sleepy tho, hope you have a good rest tonight, well i guess you'll already be resting now, i think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! (both for telling your naughty students off, then for having a good day) I can feel your smile all the way from New York and it is making me smile too.

    Here is hoping for another good one tomorrow too! Happy belated Birthday!!!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the belated happy birthday wishes, Denise. :)

    Dawn, yep, I felt a lot better the next day. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! More evidence for my We-only-have-enough-happiness/sanity-between-us-for-one-person theory!!

    Monday REALLY sucked for me!

    *stares*

    It MUST be true!

    ReplyDelete