Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Mama's Don't Let Your Babies ...

... grow up to breed maggots.

I've just a small plea to all those husbands out there. Please, please, when your wives go on a school camp, always wrap up the rubbish in something before you throw it into the wheelie bin. If you don't, your poor wife will come home to a wheelie bin which resembles some bizarre, wriggling science experiment. Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! Please, I beg you, think of your wives delicate nasal passages.

Grossness aside, today turned out to be a pretty good day too. My boss pulled me aside this afternoon to ask me if I would be interested in picking up some hours at the school next year. Considering the funding for my current position runs out at the end of the year, I said yes. The hours that she offered me does depend on a teacher aide leaving at the end of the year. The particular teacher aide in question is almost assured of leaving as her husband has been offered a transfer to another town. There may be some pure administration hours available in the school's office as well. All in all, things look good for me to continue working at the school next year in some sort of capacity.

I am secretly hoping that the funding for my current position will be renewed for 2006. At present, I am enjoying working directly with the students. I am also enjoying working with the school's Community Education Counsellor. She is a wonderful woman and great to work for, despite working on "Murri Time" being a little frustrating occasionally. I am quite happy with only working 20 hours per week as well. It gives me that extra day off to recuperate a little if I am not feeling particularly well.

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Glad you have time to recuperate from work. I wish I worked only 20 hours. My new job's been rather stressful.

    I'm also glad for you that you will have more work next year!

    Polar

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL

    1. pmsl @ the hubby joke & yet completely grossed out at the same time lol

    2. want me to blog-pray for ya, hehe?? try to get you some funding for next year?

    *grins*

    blog-pray...
    hahahaha

    ReplyDelete