Sunday, October 30, 2005

Weekend Wrap Up

Is my friend trying to tell me something?

I've just gotten through downloading my emails. Almost hidden in amongst the mess of spam was an email from one of my friends. Let's just say that it definitely caught my eye. It was one of those forwarded-on emails, supposedly written by a grieving father outlining the dangers of inhaling Dust Off computer cleaner after his son died as a result of huffing the product. I've since googled the email to see if it's a hoax and apparently there is some truth to it. Double eek!

Now, the particular friend in question went through all my ups and downs with me earlier this year and last year. She was the one I disclosed my intentions to earlier this year. Talk about your momentary lapses of reason! Let's inform the person who often thinks about how much better it would be to, well, not exist, about a possibly easy way to kark it. Triple eek! I can't help but smile a little cynically at the idea.

Anyway, I guess it is time to be a little more serious. I've been avoiding writing about how I have been feeling over the past few days. Sometimes even I get tired of rehashing all of my usual gunk. The truth is that the latter half of this week was fairly tough. Both Thursday and Friday, I woke up feeling like I had a gut full of it all. Turning up to work and trying to act as if nothing was wrong was incredibly difficult.

Thursday was particularly feral. Thursday evening I attended a dinner for the school's support staff. There were over twenty support staff in attendance. Prior to the dinner, I began feeling a little anxious about going. Put simply, at that stage I didn't want to go, so I sat on the front stairs waiting for my lift, smoking furiously and zoning out a little. By the time I arrived at the venue, I was feeling completely estranged from the other staff members. Thankfully I was the only smoker in attendance so I got to escape out to the venue's back verandah for a smoke away from the other people.

This weekend has been okay though. Yesterday I slept in until around 2:00pm, after going back to bed after seeing Hubby off to work around 6:00am. I must admit that I hung around in bed for the next few hours subsequent to waking to watch TV. I just couldn't be bothered getting up to do anything. Who needs to get dressed anyway, especially when the house is all locked up because of the airconditioning.

Today has been an okay sort of a day too. I've been keeping a low profile once again, but at least I've gotten dressed, done a couple of loads of laundry and finally got around to completing this year's tax return. The good news is because I earned hardly anything last year due to all the time I had off work, I should be getting all my tax back. That means I'll have over $1000 to play with (read that as sit in my bank account until I need it to pay the bills).

Well, I'm off to huff an aerosol can or two. (Sorry ... sick joke).

2 comments:

  1. Your blog looks interesting...real. Found you on BE.

    E :-)
    http://kalliope72.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. see!! more evidence of my siamese twin theory re you and me!!

    i had a fantastic long weekend, thursday included lol. we really got stop having these extreme emotions cos we're inadvertently fucking each others lives!! hehehe... one day i'm gonna blog about this little theory of mine!!

    on another note - can i share that aerosal can with you please?? i could use a little escaping-reality tonight!!

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete