Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Mountain is Calling

Man, I can almost smell those petrol fumes! This weekend I am reverting back to my petrol head heritage. Australia's greatest annual motor race is on at Mount Panorama in Bathurst, New South Wales. The mountain has come to life with the roar of the V8 touring car engines. I can't wait to plant my butt firmly on the couch tomorrow and watch the big race unfold. (Okay, well I'll probably do a little ironing in front of the TV too, but that's only because the lounge room is choking with unironed clothes).

I grew up with motor racing. When I was a kid, Dad would take my brother and I along to see the touring car races at the Lakeside and Surfers Paradise circuits. I grew to love watching motor sport live. I had my favourite drivers, like Peter Brock, Dick Johnson and Jim Richards (only because he drove a stunning black and gold BMW). Then the young drivers like Glenn Seton rose through the ranks. I'm still a fan of his after all these years and I am just dying to see him conquer the mountain at some stage.

Only one more sleep until the Bathurst 1000. Woohoo!

Motor racing aside, I've felt pretty good today. My only whinge could be that SH is still on my mind ... the whole everything has healed up and time to do some more thing. I haven't though, and don't think I will tonight because I'm going to hit the hay soon. As for the "unrealness", it hasn't been so bad today. I'm pretty much me and I've had the joy of staying at home today and not having to deal with the outside world.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a fun weekend. Too bad you couldn't actually go to the Motor Race. I bet you would have loved that. It is good to see your current mood section jumping for joy!

    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete