Friday, September 01, 2006

First Day Went Okay

I went ahead with the decrease in my medications as I outlined in yesterday's posts. So far so good too. I don't feel any difference whatsoever, so that has got to be a good thing.

I am feeling really tired though. Mind you, I have been feeling tired and unmotivated for about a week now which is kind of annoying, but I suppose that will pass. At least I hope it will. I would really like to finish up this term's TAFE work by the end of next week, so it would be nice to get some energy and motivation back. By doing so I will have an extra week up my sleeve until the end of the term just in case I need to take another look at any of my assignments.

Despite the tiredness and lack of motivation, I attended my town's NAIDOC (National Aboriginal and Islander Day of Celebration) celebrations today. I got to admit that I turned up really, really late though. I didn't wake up until after 10:00 this morning, the time when the celebrations were scheduled to kick off. Bugger! Waking up so late and taking so long to drag myself away from the computer and my cup of coffee and cigarettes made me miss all the speeches and stuff. I did get to see the dancing though, which was cool.

On the way home from the NAIDOC celebrations I had an urge to stop by the nursery to see if there were any nice plants to put in my new(ish) garden. I ended up buying some very cute little begonias. I'm not usually into little flowering plants, but these begonias had the coolest little waxy leaves. I ended up planting a whole heap of them around the edge of the garden, so once they grow a little and flower some more they should make a colourful garden edging.

Speaking of buying new plants, I bought this fantastic Kangaroo Paw plant yesterday. It is absolutely gorgeous and will make a wonderful addition to my front garden. I'm going to have to plant it tomorrow while the soil is moist from the rain we've had over the past night or so.

Actually, it is kind of funny me writing about plants. Who would have thought that I would get interested in gardening. Now that is a shock! I sound like an old nanna sitting here talking up my gardens and new plants. How scary is that! I must be getting old or something.

Anyway, that is enough from the rambling old nanna tonight. *smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment