Thursday, September 21, 2006

Breathe Me

During my travels around the Internet yesterday, I stumbled across a song which sums up how I have been feeling a lot over these past few weeks. The song is Breathe Me by Sia and the lyrics are as follows:

Help, I have done it again
I have been here many times before
Hurt myself again today
And, the worst part is there’s no-one else to blame

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
I’m needy
Warm me up
And breathe me

Ouch I have lost myself again
Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found
Yeah I think that I might break
I’ve lost myself again and I feel unsafe

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
I’m needy
Warm me up
And breathe me

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
I’m needy
Warm me up
And breathe me


What a powerful little song! Over the past few weeks I have felt terribly alone, even if in reality I haven’t been. I’ve felt like I have lost myself. I felt like I was breaking apart. I have definitely felt unsafe.

Sometimes it is hard to express oneself. In it’s own way, coming across such a song helps to let it all out.

5 comments:

  1. that is a powerful song!

    i love the way music can do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathe Me is wonderful, thank you for reminding me to listen to it once again. :)
    You're right, it is nice to randomly come across a song which can explain so well how you feel. I hope you discover many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and love is everything they said it would be...
    ...and love is sweet and soft, the same...and love forgot to make me to too blind to see...I gave it big sometimes, and I gave it big sometimes...and I gave it my own sweet time...I'm leeeeeeeaaaaaaaaav-eeeing...but not until you do too.

    thank you for you - grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling alone is aweful. Know that I am here thinking about you and sending you loving, peaceful energy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi.

    I am a recovering anorexic and cutter - and this song means more to me than I can explain.

    I'm glad you found it, and that it helps :)

    ReplyDelete