Saturday, July 29, 2006

Pounding the Pavement

Today saw my second day out pounding the pavement delivering census forms. I managed to deliver a whole 28 forms in around 2½ hours. Gawd, it's slow going!

After returning home from delivering, I sat down to work out just how many hours I will have to put in over the nine days that are left to deliver all the forms. It worked out, with an average of nine forms delivered per hour, to be 6 hours a day. Eek! How full on is that! I'm going to be busy, that's for sure and I've got to say, I am dreading it. Yuck!

The good news is that today wasn't as horrendous as yesterday. Things seemed to flow a little better and because I didn't leave the house to start delivering until 3:00pm, it wasn't as hot as yesterday when I delivered during what was essentially the middle of the day.

It looks like I will have to do a "split shift" when it comes to delivering the forms. I will have to go out for a couple of hours or so in the mornings, then return to the streets for a few hours in the afternoon. Hopefully, with quite a bit of pushing myself, I can get all of the forms delivered by the cut off date, which is Monday, 7 August.

At least now I know NOT to apply for a census collector's position next time around. Wish me luck!

Above photograph courtesy of stock.xchng.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck. I guess at least you are getting some good exercise. :)

    ReplyDelete