Thursday, July 13, 2006

Me? Employed? Eek!

Call me insane (oh, hang on ... I am! *smiles*) but I have joined the ranks of the employed again. I don't know what I was thinking considering the whole working thing and me hasn't been a happening thing over the past couple of years, but a couple of months ago I applied for a position as Census Collector for this year's nation-wide census. Last week, the Area Supervisor rang me and offered me a position. Yikes! I mean, yay! Eek! Whatever. I can't be certain.

So, as of next Friday I am officially employed again. A collector's position seems to be a hell of a lot of work for only a smallish financial gain but I guess it is money I wouldn't have otherwise. The whole census concept is somewhat interesting too ... being counted so the area in which you live has a chance of receiving necessary services ... the time capsule option where the information is archived for years and years and years, only to be opened up to family researchers and the like in the distant future. Then there is the personal challenge aspect of the job. If I am successful with it then perhaps I am not as useless as I think. It has the potential to be all good. *Cross fingers*

Anyway, bring on the census I say. If all else fails at least I will be a little fitter with all the walking door to door dropping census forms off to people.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, Disso_K!
    Congrats on your new position :)

    ReplyDelete