Saturday, July 08, 2006

I'm a Suburbanite!

I've joined the ranks of the average suburbanite. I now have an outdoor sitting area. Go me!

I've wanted one forever. Well, I wanted a pergola area forever, but that wasn't going to happen so I splurged on my little outdoor sitting area instead.

It's even got one of those green outdoor umbrellas which towers over my little two seater timber table and chairs set. It's so cool though. I bought a couple of really cool plants (see piccie to the left) and a peace inspiring Thai style Buddha statuette which is very similar in colour to my new plants.

I'm so happy. I've been sitting out there having cup after cup of coffee and cigarette after cigarette. It's so peaceful out there.

Now I just have buy more plants so I can make a little garden around it. I also have to buy a really groovy candle holder and candle too for night time sittings. I'm definitely going to visit Loot on my travels into the semi-big smoke on Wednesday. Loot is the best store for really cool little niknaks.

Anyway, I'm so happy! My gardens are almost complete. Now if I can just get Hubby to remove all his old crap in the backyard ...

3 comments:

  1. That is lovely! One of my favorite plants too, and a Buddah statue? I am so jelous. Totally cool summer oasis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! You go, girl!!

    It's great isn't it, to create a little piece of heaven for yourself? Enjoy it!

    Polar B.

    ReplyDelete