Thursday, August 10, 2006

Updating

Quick! It's time for an update. Hubby is sleeping in the bedroom. GBF isn't home from work yet. I'm taking a break from my census work today. As a consequence I actually have some time to myself in front of the computer. Yippee!

The good news is that I finished delivering all my census forms late Tuesday afternoon. Thank goodness for that. We were supposed to have finished delivering forms by Monday evening. Oh well. Better late than never I guess. The whole exercise had left me physically exhausted and ready to chuck the whole job in.

The bad news is that census night (the 8th of August) is over and it is time to wander the streets again to collect all the forms I previously delivered. Yuck! The merry-go-round starts spinning again! There's nothing left apart from gritting my teeth and getting out there I guess. I'll start tomorrow though. I think I deserve a day at home today.

When I have finished with this whole census thing at least my butt will have gotten tighter, what with all the walking and all. Go the tighter butt, I say. Additionally, I am now sporting a new tan from all the time I have been spending out in our surprisingly strong winter sun. There's got to be a couple of good things about being a census collector.

I attended my first pdoc appointment in a month yesterday. The pdoc was ill for a couple of weeks and I cancelled last week due to being too busy with my census work, so the weekly appointments didn't exactly turn out to be weekly by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know if I really have anything to comment on from yesterday's appointment. I didn't re-read my journal before attending the appointment so I had a hard time remembering what on earth had occurred during the previous month when the pdoc was referring to what I had written. Woops! Silly me! Note to self ... remember to re-read my journal entries before attending an appointment. I'm sure that would help the appointment to flow a little easier.

During yesterday's appointment the pdoc suggested that I get the old burns on my leg looked at. Apparently they looked a little suspect. This morning I set about trying to get into one of the local doctors. I tell you, trying to get into see a doctor in this little town of mine can be an incredibly difficult thing to do. My usual GP was off attending to some sort of family crisis (eek ... poor bugger!) and the community health centre was booked out because of it. The other doctor in town I would have to be dying to bother making an appointment. The one and only time I saw the man for a mine medical he was just plain rude. Anyway, I eventually made my way to the local hospital (I guess we are lucky to have one of those) and, after a bit of a run around, saw the doctor there. I'm now on another round of antibiotics (I'm the antibiotic queen lately, I swear) to prevent infection and I have to keep the wounds covered for another five days. Good grief! What a pain! I guess there is a bad side to self harm no matter how much better it makes you feel at the time.

Anyway, that's all my news for now.

2 comments:

  1. cutting, burning and infections are sooo bad. after a show yesterday on tv, all i can think is how crappy it would be to lose a limb. thats incentive to stop, if any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that in that part of your brain that is not touched by mental illness, you know the risk of infection you take when you burn or cut yourself (or loss of a limb like gabbi said). Maybe you can remember that the next time you feel like hurting yourself. You are not a bad person! That job was assigned to me!
    Peace

    ReplyDelete