Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Freaky Shit That Happens

I've just received a SMS from a mate of mine who's currently sitting in a hospital waiting room. In explanation, she is pregnant but suffering from preeclampsia. As a consequence, doctors are playing a huge role in her pregnancy because of the great risks that the condition poses to both mother and baby.

Now here's the weird bit. In the SMS, my friend told me of how a woman had stopped her in the hospital's car park, completely out of the blue. The woman said that she "knew things", then pointed to my friend's tummy and said, "He's safe." Then the woman said, "The police don't know it yet, but they've got Daniel Morcombe's abductor in a Brisbane jail, so you don't have to worry. Your boy is safe now." She smiled, said, "Have a good day," and left.

*insert Twilight Zone music here*

How bizarre is that! What exactly did this mystery woman mean by what she said? Was she just a nice, misguided (or possibly really eccentric) old lady or is she like a super psychic or something? How incredibly eerie!

7 comments:

  1. Pmsl. I can't believe you blogged this before I got to... amazing!!

    And it was't just freaky, it was EEKY lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. disso_k where are you???
    hope everything is ok with you. miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dawn! I have been neglecting my poor, little blog hey. March was a really bad month for me "head-wise", so I went back to writing my journal longhand. The stuff that I was writing was really yuck. Things are starting to ease up now though, thank goodness. The light is starting to return. For the next week I will be busy trying to catch up with my studies, but after that I should be back posting and visiting blogs again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope things brighten up for you disso.
    ps:- Hurry back ;p.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss you tons. Hope you are back soon disso!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You haven't posted in a while. Missing your insightful stories. I hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm...I am not sure what to say. It is a little freaky. I hope your friend pulls through okay just like the woman says. I try not to link too many things to the supernatural, but some things are hard to explain. This is one of them!

    ReplyDelete