Thursday, August 17, 2006

I Was a Little Bit Naughty

First of all I've got to say ... two posts in one day ... wow! What is the world coming to? But now onto the real reason for this post.

I was a little naughty the other day. I gave up on the census work I'd been doing over the past few weeks. I guess giving up on it was always on the cards. I mean, it did drive me absolutely crazy and completely stuffed me physically.

I had a real reason for quitting though. Pain! For years now, I've gotten this funky pain in my leg when I walk for any distance. It didn't bother me too much when I was delivering the census forms, but collecting them was a whole different story. My leg hurt like hell! Worse still, at the same time it somehow became numb as well. I guess when collecting forms I tended to walk faster than when delivering them. The whole process was just a little bit quicker, hence the pain blowing out of proportion.

I struggled on with collecting forms for a couple of days, but when my area supervisor dropped in for a visit to see how I was going, I told her exactly what was happening and quit the job. Luckily, she responded to my news without emotion, so I didn't really feel all that guilty about quitting with only the collection period to go.

I'm actually a little surprised with myself. I would have thought that I would feel bad about quitting the job, but in reality I don't. I have actually enjoyed (if that is the right word to use) catching up with a few little things around the house, like laundry, washing the dog and watering the garden and such. I have also completed a TAFE assignment and created a poster for GBF to help him out with his work. Its good having my time to myself again and being able to work on stuff that I actually want to do.

It is good to have an alright sort of a day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh cool! An "alright" sort of day.

    Sarcasm not really intended btw. I think its great that you were feeling good on.. whatever day that was without me looking at the date... lol.

    Sorry. In a strange mood I guess.

    And I haven't managed to stay online long enough to do any damn blog/space surfing for EONS.

    Oh and speaking of census forms... I finally did mine online yesterday. Oops. I kept forgetting. :P

    ReplyDelete