Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Dreaming: Night Time Mind Movies

Dreaming is such a bizarre concept. It's like we are our own little movie directors, every night weaving together a story out of our subconscious.

Even more strange are the dreams which aren't entirely remembered. These dreams are largely forgotten as soon as we open our eyes, but all it takes is just a whisper within a morning conversation for the fragments to return to conscious memory.

That is what happened to me this morning. Upon waking I was aware that I had dreamt last night, but it wasn't until I was talking with GBF over my first cup of coffee for the day that the penny dropped and I remembered a part of last night's dream.

It was night time. I was visiting a family that I didn't really know. The family was, however, relatives of Heather, my boss from last year. The mother, one of her children and I were sitting in the family's kitchen. As the mother and I chatted, the child saw a face appear in a nearby window. The face belonged to the child's father, who was a violent man and no longer lived with the family. In fear, the mother told the child to leave the kitchen and go hide in another section of the house. Once the child had fled, the father broke through the fly screened window with an ax and entered the house.

From there, the details of the dream become sketchy, however I believe that the father attacked the mother with the ax. The spirit of the family's grandmother then entered the dream. She was incensed. I could feel the spirit's ominous presence however I knew that I was safe from her wrath. It was the violent father whom the spirit wanted to kill.

That's all that I remember. What a bugger! It was certainly an "entertaining" dream to say the least. I hope the spirit was able to exact her revenge on the murderous father.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah dreams are pretty wild. I think that sometimes dreams are more then dreams and you actually transport ourselves to different worlds. Then again though i'm borderline insane. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete