Monday, April 24, 2006

I Must Be Mad

I must be a sucker for punishment. Today I embarked upon designing a website for Hubby's Guild Wars guild. (For the uninitiated, Guild Wars is an online role-playing game similar to World of Warcraft).

Hubby is going to be a difficult "client" though I think. He wants his guild's website to emulate Guild Wars' professionally designed site, including the latest news section on the site's homepage. The only way I can think of doing it so that the news section is updatable by all the guild leaders is to set it up as a blogger template. Yikes! Coding my very own blogger template so that it looks like the Guild Wars website. That's certainly going to prove a challenge!

Speaking of web designing, I started stage two of my TAFE certificate today. I learnt how to slice images, something which I have never bothered trying before. It was surprisingly simple once I worked out how to do it using Adobe ImageReady. It's kind of cool to learn something new too.

As for the age-old "how's things going" question, I'm doing okay. I've been incredibly busy this past week and as a result I am feeling quite drained. The upside is I haven't been alone with my thoughts very much which has kept my emotional life completely at bay. It was incredibly refreshing to finally have a day virtually all to myself today though. I definitely needed it.

4 comments:

  1. Being busy helps me too in not dwelling in the deep end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're quickly becoming a website legend.

    Teach me... teach me... teach me... (that's spose to be a subliminal message by the way so don't actually read it, just glance over it)

    *waves*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true. Thinking detracts from hapiness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things are ok. It's nice to have good days.

    ReplyDelete